One of the more interesting words I have learnt when watching TV shows is when Adrian said "In flagrante delicto" in Devious Maids.
What this means is getting caught red-handed in the act. Here's how they used it:
I need you to invite Frances to lunch and then cancel at the last minute.
- Adrian: And why would I do that?
- Because I need her to come home unexpectedly and find me in bed with her son.
- Adrian: Oh, how deliciously kinky. This is why you don't have friends.
- Look, I'm tired of keeping my relationship a secret, but I can't tell Frances directly, so...
- Adrian: You want her to catch you in flagrante delicto!